AR/M16 Bolt Carrier Group – Micro-Polished Titanium Nitride – HPT/MPI
- Components coated in Titanium Nitride, which is the staple of Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) hard coatings, solves “tribological” problems with machine components that can be coated at temperatures of 800-850° Fahrenheit.
- “Tribology” is the science and engineering of interacting surfaces in relative motion. It includes the study and application of the principles of friction, lubrication, and wear.
- This Nanocrystalline technology is accomplished by embedding Nanocrystalline (AICrN) grains into an amorphous matrix. Advancements allow for the formation of higher nanohardness coating with greater thermal stability than conventional coatings.
- Applied using a lateral rotating cathode technology in a PVD process, materials are vaporized from a solid source in the form of atoms/molecules and then transported in the form of vapor through a vacuum, low pressure gas/plasma to the substrate where it condenses. Following the coating process the components are Micro-Polished to achieve an amazing luster that performs under conditions of high load with higher reliability over other conventional coatings.
- Advantages of this coating include abrasion resistance, chemical resistance, corrosion protection, extreme temperature resistance, high wear resistance, extreme hardness, oil/fuel resistance, increased lubricity, low coefficient of friction, oxidation resistance, and low thermal conductivity.
- Bolt precision machined from 9310 alloy; carburized/case hardened & shot peened (PVD Coated)
- HP proof testing, 100% using a high pressure M197 or SAAMI commercial equivalent, without evidence of failure
- MPI testing after above, 100% inspection per ASTM E1444 using a standard 5 turn magnetizing coil with a current of 200 to 300 amperes. Circular and longitudinal continuous magnetization and a wet fluorescent solution shall be used. Conformance to MIL-STD-410 is required within ASTM E1444
- Extractor, machined 4140 Tool steel alloy (PVD Coated)
- Extractor Pin, precision machined and ground AMS6440/52100 Bearing grade steel retaining pin
- Extractor Spring, 5 coil, ASTM Grade A 228 wire stock, stress relieved, Tensile Strength of 393,000 PSI Max, 80 Durometer Per AMS-R-6855 black insert
- Extractor Spring O-Ring, Viton (FKM) Fluoropolymer Elastomer
- Ejector, S7 shock resistant tool steel alloy, hardened, shot peened per ASTM B851/SAE AMS2430, manganese phosphate
- Ejector Spring, ASTM Grade A 228 wire stock, heat treated, stress relieved – Tensile Strength of 376,000 PSI Minimum
- Gas Rings, Steel Corrosion Resistant Per AMS 5906 – X3
- Carrier machined from 8620 alloy, full auto profile, heat treated, ultrasonically cleaned, hard chrome bore (PVD Coated)
- Gas Key machined from 4130 chromoly steel alloy, heat treated, hard chrome internal (PVD Coated)
- Socket Cap Head Screw, steel, grade 4037 per ASTM, heat treated & manganese phosphate 2x
- Gas Key is installed with Permatex aviation gasket sealer, torqued to 55-foot pounds, pneumatically steaked and break away tests performed to spec
- Cam Pin, precision machined 4340 chromoly steel alloy, heat treated (PVD Coated)
- Firing Pin, precision machined 8740 steel alloy, heat treated, precision ground & hard chrome plate
- Firing Pin Retaining Pin, carbon steel ASTM A510, heat treated & manganese phosphate
- All material, components and packaging made in the USA
(1) Micro-Polished Titanium Nitride BCG
E2 Armory is committed to providing the highest quality firearm components that meet all rigorous military specifications while being competitively priced and rush delivered. Our customers are provided products that could be used for the defense of liberty and freedom across the globe. E2 Armory employs only the highest caliber employees that are devoted to continual improvement and bar setting quality. We are excellence.
Will not ship until a week after purchase
E2: Distributing Freedom.